Re: [OAUTH-WG] Signature crypto

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Wed, 25 November 2009 16:57 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:56:40 +0000
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: "Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <hannes.tschofenig@nsn.com>
Cc: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Signature crypto

5280 is a special case since its a profile that gets
referenced by other RFCs so there's always a 2nd RFC
involved there. While one could imagine OAuth having
a separate RFC that just specifies a current algorithm
set, I'm not sure that'd be best...it might, but I'd
suspect not. My reason for that is that I'd expect that
we'd rev. something else in the protocol about as
often as (or more often than) we'd change the mandatory
to implement algorithm. But I guess we'll see.

S.