Re: [OAUTH-WG] Open Issues: Group Survey (respond by 5/13)

Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com> Thu, 13 May 2010 21:14 UTC

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
To: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>, "OAuth WG (oauth@ietf.org)" <oauth@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:14:24 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Open Issues: Group Survey (respond by 5/13)

There is clearly no consensus for either A or B. There was mostly no objection to C, and the reason given by most of those who objected was client complexity with the current proposal solves.

Weak consensus means that the option has some support and little objection. If those who had something against C still think the solution doesn't address their reason for voting against it, they are free (as always) to express their objections again.

Unlike other features of the spec which we can keep out while discussing it, this one is critical and the spec is completely useless without. It is far better to have support for three options (with the option of moving two to an extension document with the format parameter) than to pick one and then change it.

I believe there was enough support for putting C in the draft. If you have a problem with that, feel free to ask the chairs for a different resolution.

EHL