Re: [OAUTH-WG] Fw: Breaking change in OAuth 2.0 rev. 23

Eran Hammer <eran@hueniverse.com> Wed, 14 March 2012 17:08 UTC

From: Eran Hammer <eran@hueniverse.com>
To: Marius Scurtescu <mscurtescu@google.com>, OAuth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:08:32 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Breno de Medeiros <breno@google.com>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Fw: Breaking change in OAuth 2.0 rev. 23

This was already raised and addressed on this list last week.

When someone defines and registers code+token, that specification must define how such a client is registered in light of the text below. This might mean defining a new client type, choosing the confidential client type with other normative text limiting the use of the secret in the public component, etc.

IOW, this section doesn't break anything because there is nothing else defined to break. There is no way to avoid explicitly defining these requirements for a code+token response type, or any other new response type for that matter. The text below is required to ensure that the authorization server can properly enforce the rest of the normative security language in the specification.

EH