Re: Comments on draft-katz-yeung-traffic-08.txt

Sina Mirtorabi <sina@CISCO.COM> Tue, 22 October 2002 13:44 UTC

Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 06:47:05 -0700
From: Sina Mirtorabi <sina@CISCO.COM>
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-katz-yeung-traffic-08.txt
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

Rohit,

The current draft does Not prevent TE operation for having more than two
routers on multi-acess link.
I believe that the accuracy of 'reservation state' on multi-acess link Does
Not justify to disallow TE operation in case of more than two routers.

when you have a A-B-C-D path and say A-B path goes over multi-acess link,
what is un-natural if we have more than two routers attached on A-B or just
two ?
a link or segment is defined when you connect two point together, so I don't
see what is un-natural

of course as stated before, it is up to operator to maximize reservation
state in order to better reflect the number of attached router on the link.

> Have you (or others) implemented OSPF-TE with more than two nodes?
> Any experiences to share?

I had a chat with Robert Raszuk and I quote below his thought

--
"Yes I agree with both your & Naming's observations and comments to the
list. Today it is very often that people start to use TE without any

Sina