Re: Comments on draft-katz-yeung-traffic-08.txt

Don Goodspeed <dgoodspe@EXCITE.COM> Fri, 18 October 2002 22:51 UTC

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:53:22 -0400
From: Don Goodspeed <dgoodspe@EXCITE.COM>
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-katz-yeung-traffic-08.txt
To: OSPF@DISCUSS.MICROSOFT.COM

OK.  I've had more time to think about this, and I withdraw
my earlier suggestions.  Listing the DR would lead to routing
loops (between DR and BDR) and/or blackholes (where the DR is
not a TE-capable router).

I also do not suggest we withdraw the TE LSAs when there are
two or more routers on a multi-access network.  It's better to
just ignore the TE LSAs that do not have a remote IP than to
flood, withdraw, flood again, etc.

Had anyone ever suggested the concept of a TE-capable DR?
It could generate a TE version of a Network LSA listing the
TE-capable routers on a link.  TE applications would then
be able to use the link for non-bandwidth TE uses.

Let me know if this has been tried and knocked down...
-don