Re: [P2PSIP] Re: HIP pros and cons

Philip Matthews <philip_matthews@magma.ca> Mon, 17 December 2007 14:00 UTC

From: Philip Matthews <philip_matthews@magma.ca>
Subject: Re: [P2PSIP] Re: HIP pros and cons
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:00:22 -0500
To: Wei Gengyu <weigengyu@vip.sina.com>

It is true that the definition of "p2p layer" has been vague.
This reflects the uncertainty in the WG about how we want to
structure our work.

When draft-matthews-p2psip-hip-hop-00 was written, it was not yet
clear that the WG was going to split SIP from the p2p layer. Hence
the use of that term in the draft.

However, I think many people these days use "p2p layer" as roughly a
synonym for "Peer Protocol".

- Philip