RE: [P2PSIP] Choice of STUN peer or TURN peer

"Dan Wing" <dwing@cisco.com> Wed, 23 January 2008 02:07 UTC

From: Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: [P2PSIP] Choice of STUN peer or TURN peer
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:07:50 -0800
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; l=1953; t=1201054070; x=1201918070; c=relaxed/simple; s=sjdkim4002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; i=dwing@cisco.com; z=From:=20=22Dan=20Wing=22=20<dwing@cisco.com> |Subject:=20RE=3A=20[P2PSIP]=20Choice=20of=20STUN=20peer=20 or=20TURN=20peer |Sender:=20; bh=/be3dE4Cjd8cLrezMnfrMT2RCV1mte6dDaMKJbR3/mc=; b=n3dAKlMFi3ITf0PwQ9slja9jqbF3UDzsVtvFR2EdmxXJXU/ya0j9PJ2AlW zhMGhDYonflJg8gTwPBn061ks79xAPRPNAb5BrtMd+JJtjZF0VOfs9hMwWML sVo0MoPfjk;

ICE allows you to have multiple STUN servers.  In the diagram you provided,
Peer A could contact Peer C, Peer D, and Peer B, and would notice different
answers from some (or all) of them.  All of those different answers can be
provided as different candidates (a=candidate) in the call setup message.

-d