Re: [pcp] PANA implementatinos to consider

Yoshihiro Ohba <yoshihiro.ohba@toshiba.co.jp> Thu, 13 September 2012 17:50 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 02:50:13 +0900
From: Yoshihiro Ohba <yoshihiro.ohba@toshiba.co.jp>
To: Sam Hartman <hartmans@painless-security.com>
Cc: "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [pcp] PANA implementatinos to consider

Sam,

There are two open source PANA implementations that are actively
maintained:

cpana: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpana/
openpana: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openpana/

(cpana is implemented by Toshiba, and openpana is implemented by
University of Murcia, Spain.  I know implementors of both projects.)

In addition to open source implementations, several ZigBee IP vendors
implemented PANA as well and they inter-operate with each other.
Although I have not heard a complainment from those vendors about
complexity of PANA, I am happy to hear your analysis on the open
source implementations.  I would expect open source implementors are
smart to accommodate your feedback.

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba