Re: [perpass] perpass: what next?

Mike Liebhold <mnl@well.com> Fri, 17 April 2015 19:02 UTC

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:01:58 -0700
From: Mike Liebhold <mnl@well.com>
To: perpass@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [perpass] perpass: what next?

  Hi all,

Congratulations on the great work to date.  But let's understand, that
while the workproducts to date will help shore up the security of our
legacy internet architecture, My impression after Snowden et. is that
the whole stack offers up a vast exploitable attack surface. and that
IETF ought to begin _serious_ consideration of completely new secure
architectures - e.g.  a secure onion/tor routed peer internet,
meshnets, blockchains for cerificated authentication ., etc.     It's a
little ironic that the  military, IC and black hats already have secure
p2p internets,  Isn't it time for the rest of us to enjoy the same
levels of privacy and security, and *resilience*?

Michael Liebhold
Senior Researcher, Distinguished Fellow
Institute for the Future
@mikeliebhold  @iftf