Re: [PWE3] OAM Msg Mapping Drafts

Luca Martini <lmartini@cisco.com> Fri, 25 July 2008 22:19 UTC

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:18:51 -0600
From: Luca Martini <lmartini@cisco.com>
To: stbryant@cisco.com
Cc: pwe3 <pwe3@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [PWE3] OAM Msg Mapping Drafts
Sender: pwe3-bounces@ietf.org

Clearly I vote for option C.

I have to ask the People on this thread to please read the document
carefully.

Option A it is not possible. The document version 06  is not ready for
LC , It needs a major rewrite.
I have only  put in about 50% of the work needed.
A new editor needs to take over and WE ( the WG ) need to finish the
missing sections:

In Version 07 :

1) The editor list, and author's list need to be reviewed.
2) Review the rewritten L2TPv3  section. ( thanks to Carlos for the work)
3) BFD codes in section 8.3.5. needs to be reviewed ,  and update some
text. ( some of the text is still wrong ).
4) Clear defect entry and exit criteria for static PWs using BFD need to
be explained. Also what actions are taken at the AC.
5) The document needs an organizational re-write ( like the VCCV
document needed ). I only did minor fixes and some removal of duplicated
text.
6) The document still needs an complete English language review.

Note that because of  Dinesh's good writing stile, merging the ethernet
section was not more then 1 hour of work.
It would be very simple to remove all mentions of ethernet now.

A WG last call is supposed to be issues when a document is pretty much
completed. This document clearly needs work, and if the current editors
no longer have time to complete the work , then new editors need to pick
up the task.

Since the original authors actually lost the source of this draft ( the
text in nroff, word , or xml format ), I spent over a day to reformat
this very long document. I will gladly send the source nroff file to
anybody who will pick up the editorial work. I do not wish to continue
editing this document, but I want to make sure we progress this document
in a timely manner.

Luca