[rfc-i] FYI sub-series and RFC 1150 - proposal to update

sm at resistor.net (SM) Thu, 21 April 2011 17:57 UTC

From: "sm at resistor.net"
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:57:17 -0700
Subject: [rfc-i] FYI sub-series and RFC 1150 - proposal to update

At 13:39 20-04-2011, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
>The most recent FYI was published in August 2007 ( RFC 4949 (FYI 36)
>) it was submitted as an independent submission.

There is FYI 17 (Toa of IETF) which might get updated if
draft-hoffman-tao4677bis is published.

>Some opinions:
>
>Whether a FYI number is to be assigned, and what procedure to follow
>for that decision is a question for the stream approvers.

RFC 1150 mentions that "FYIs are intended for a wide audience".  The
intended status of draft-ietf-dnsop-as112-under-attack-help-help is
"Informational".  That draft targets a wider readership.

I suggest leaving the decision of whether a FYI number should be
assigned to the stream approver.

Regards,
-sm