Re: [Roll] draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-03: Varying Trickle parameters per MPL Domain

"Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com> Thu, 31 January 2013 08:04 UTC

From: "Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com>
To: "Jonathan Hui (johui)" <johui@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:04:07 +0000
x-originating-ip: [62.140.137.95]
Cc: "roll@ietf.org WG" <roll@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Roll] draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-03: Varying Trickle parameters per MPL Domain

Hi Jonathan,

agree with your suggestion. Reading again , I think the last sentence of 5.4 would be even better like this:

It is RECOMMENDED that all MPL Forwarders use the
same values within an MPL Domain for the Trickle Parameters above, as specified in
[RFC6206].

Because the original text one could interpret as follows: if an MPL Forwarder F1 uses parameter set P1 in a Domain D1; F1 SHOULD also use P1 in a Domain D2.
The above sentence does not have this interpretation.

regards,
Esko