Re: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-02.txt

"Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com> Thu, 01 November 2012 12:46 UTC

From: "Dijk, Esko" <esko.dijk@philips.com>
To: "Jonathan Hui (johui)" <johui@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:45:48 +0000
x-originating-ip: [194.171.252.103]
Cc: "roll@ietf.org WG" <roll@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-02.txt

Hi,

> the Option Type to '01', which indicates the receiver must drop the packet
My mistake - I had the version -00 draft opened, hence looking at '00' bits.

There's still the case that multicasts from non-MPL nodes are received by MPL-forwarder-nodes (presumably). Should there be guidelines here? Example: if an application on my MPL-forwarder node joins multicast group FF05::1234, will the application then receive IP multicasts sent with destination FF05::1234, or will it only receive those IP multicasts to FF05::1234 that were delivered encapsulated in an FF0X::MPL packet ?

That decision could be out of scope; but on the other hand may lead to different implementers making different choices here.

Esko