Re: [rtcweb] Remote recording - RTC-Web client acting as SIPREC session recording client

"Ravindran Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Tue, 23 August 2011 09:34 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 15:05:05 +0530
From: Ravindran Parthasarathi <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, rtcweb@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Remote recording - RTC-Web client acting as SIPREC session recording client

Stefan,

As you expect, I have disagreement for not including this usecase in RTCweb 1.0. My reasoning are as follows:

1) As John pointed out and other folks responded, remote recording has importance in few segments like call centre deployment.

2) RTCweb1.0 solution without considering this usecase may end-up in a non-scalable RTCWeb remote recording solution for ever or break RTCWeb1.0 to meet this architectural need of remote recording.

3) Based on SIPREC discussion, it is very apparent that short-sighted SIP Endpoint implementation which assumes single session for the end-point are forced to interop with SRS using middle box only . I wish that the same situation does not occur for rtcweb clients.

Thanks
Partha