Re: [Rucus] [spitstop] Botnets, take 2... Re: Draft RUCUS charter

Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Fri, 22 February 2008 11:16 UTC

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:15:47 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: Signaling TO Prevent SPIT <spitstop@listserv.netlab.nec.de>
Cc: rucus@ietf.org, Juergen Quittek <Quittek@nw.neclab.eu>
Subject: Re: [Rucus] [spitstop] Botnets, take 2... Re: Draft RUCUS charter
Sender: rucus-bounces@ietf.org

I think we should put Henning's classification somewhere in our documents.

I had a chat with Peter Saint-Andre this week and he reported me about
problems they had with malicious users (potentially using the XMPP
servers for file sharing) in their XMPP server infrastructure. He told
me that their community is looking into a mechanism to allow one domain
to report problems to another domain. This would correspond to Henning's
2nd category below and a mechanisms similar to the one described in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-niccolini-sipping-spam-feedback-00.txt
would be useful (expect that it would not be run between the end host
and the VoIP provider but between two VoIP providers).

Ciao
Hannes

PS: I put Peter on CC in case I misunderstood something.