Re: [sidr] additional interim meetings

Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org> Fri, 23 March 2012 01:21 UTC

From: Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org>
To: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:21:49 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>, "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sidr] additional interim meetings

Hi Chris,

On 23/03/12 11:05 AM, "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> significant progress has been made on the topics here because of
> frequent (monthly about) face-to-face meetings, focused meetings even.

Wow.. that is news to me. Are those meetings under the guise of something
other than SIDR? Do the SIDR WG chairs attend as WG chairs?  How does one
get invited to such a meeting? (it appears not to be self selected) and are
there minutes/transcripts to those meetings? ok they are in the past, but it
would help to read minutes/trasnscripts and thus maybe get a finer
understanding about why decisions have been made in regard to the solutions
presented thus far.

> Would making the f2f meetings have virtual capabilities be acceptable?
> (webex or the like, or maybe meeting rooms at diverse locations with
> that fancy cisco meeting-room thing? or other of the same ilk?)

it depends. bad answer I know. but that's what you get without knowing the
agenda, number of participants, history of past meetings etc etc...

> Are there enough central locations to where the folks who want to
> participate to make more network connected office conversations
> workable? (sunnyvale/pao/etc + washington + london + ???)

T.