Re: [sidr] additional interim meetings

"George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com> Fri, 23 March 2012 15:08 UTC

From: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
To: "henk@uijterwaal.nl" <henk@uijterwaal.nl>, "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:08:47 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sidr] additional interim meetings

[WEG] One point to make here... I think you're overselling the difficulty of requesting and receiving additional slots when they are all requested at the same time, rather than retroactively as was done this time. Yes by strict math you're correct, but rarely do all of the WGs meet. Once the agenda is set, you know how many sessions you have, it's not like the add'l sessions are scheduled after the agenda is set. V6ops has consistently had 2 sessions per IETF, and was up to 3 sessions in one IETF before a number of folks told the chairs that this was excessive and that we needed to better manage what was actually getting agenda time. So it can be done.

Really, the problem with multiple sessions is that they are opposite 7 other WG meetings no matter what their timeslot, meaning that it becomes increasingly difficult to deconflict time for those who need to attend.

Wes George