Re: [tsvwg] Requesting TSVWG adoption of SCE draft-morton-tsvwg-sce

G Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk> Mon, 18 November 2019 03:03 UTC

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 11:03:24 +0800
From: G Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
To: tsvwg@ietf.org, tsvwg chair <tsvwg-chairs@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [tsvwg] Requesting TSVWG adoption of SCE draft-morton-tsvwg-sce

The phrase: "is not an automatic barrier to WG adoption" - is true, but
I would expect there to be a barrier to *immediate* adoption.

Thw WG has a chartered work item, following a BOF and adoption
procedure. The Chairs work with the AD to manage the chartered work
items, so I expect there will be no immediate change to the milestones
(list of adopted drafts).

To clarify my own Chair position, I would not expect a WG to consider
lightly starting a second deployment experiment in parallel using the
same set of codepoints.

I think it is helpful to consider questions such as the following:

- Level of interest in performing the experiments and expected
implementation/deployment.
- Understand how two parallel deployment experiments can co-exist.
- Understand how someone knows which experiment act on a particular flow.
- Document a pathway forward, should one (or both) experiments conclude.

Gorry