RE: [16NG] ipv6 over ipv6cs document approval

<keshav.chawla@wipro.com> Thu, 29 November 2007 05:21 UTC

Subject: RE: [16NG] ipv6 over ipv6cs document approval
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:51:32 +0530
From: keshav.chawla@wipro.com
To: john.zhao@huawei.com
Cc: 16ng@ietf.org

Hi John,

One small query on idle mode.

When the RA is received in idle mode, to process the RA
it should move to the "ACTIVE/NORMAL" mode. I am not sure if
each Vendor would have an option to handle sleep mode in different
way, as being still in IDLE mode and ignoring the RA might result in
issues in future as RA might have some information which is critical
for example the MTU size change which comes with RA.

Also, as the RA interval might be long the next RA might come after
a very long time causing MS to use incorrect information.

regards,
Keshav