Re: [68ATTENDEES] Hilton Prague

"David T. Perkins" <dperkins@dsperkins.com> Thu, 29 March 2007 21:35 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:35:15 -0700
From: "David T. Perkins" <dperkins@dsperkins.com>
To: Ole Jacobsen <ole@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [68ATTENDEES] Hilton Prague
Cc: 68attendees@ietf.org

HI,

Please consider people on a budget....

For Prague, I stayed at a small hotel within a 10 minute walk
that cost only US$ 40 per night. There were plenty of easily walkable
places to eat (and get beer) for a reasonable cost. I didn't have
any local transportation costs, other than a taxi to/from the
airport (better to be safe and on time than to save money
in a local where you don't know or speak the language!)
My air from San Francisco was about US$800. The IETF conference
fee was more than my food and lodging costs!
I found Prague quite interesting, and other than the
smoke, in a word fantastic.

I don't particularily like San Diego due to the high cost of
local lodging, and the distance to places to eat.

Of course if I was setting the local, I'd choose Cozumel
in November/December (it has good Internet connectivity,
and that date is out of the hurricane season, and still
during low rate season. Plus, there are lots of places
to eat, drink, and inexpensive places to stay.) The only
problem will be convincing your manager the trip is business
and not a junket.

Another place that should be a winner is Madrid.

Regards,
/david t. perkins