Re: [72attendees] 72nd - T-shirt Pick Up

Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@asgaard.org> Thu, 31 July 2008 18:41 UTC

From: Christopher LILJENSTOLPE <cdl@asgaard.org>
To: jordi.palet@consulintel.es
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:31:33 -0700
Cc: "72attendees@ietf.org" <72attendees@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [72attendees] 72nd - T-shirt Pick Up
Sender: 72attendees-bounces@ietf.org

Jordi,

I have to respectfully disagree with you - obviously you don't
remember some of the more "memorable" events, or you just weren't
there.  While this wasn't the best meeting ever, it was far from the
worst.  I also find it somewhat astounding that you are trying to
punish the host because they didn't hand your your gift (the T-shirt)
in a manner that you wanted.  That is, to say the least, an
"interesting" behavior.  I wonder if you do the same for people who
give you personal gifts?  If so, I would warn them in advance.

If I were planning to host in the future, given the traffic on this
list from this meeting, I would take the following messages away:
1) Leave the hotel rooms on the hotel 4 Mbps DSL network - don't touch
it, you'll get panned
2) Don't bring t-shirts or other giveaways, as people expect get the
exact count of various sizes, even if they register at the meeting,
and will grouse when the people staffing the table actually have other
things to do (so you need some one who does nothing but babysit the
table for the entire meeting).

Also, frankly, if I can walk out on a week hotel bill in Spain for no
reason other than some surely behavior from the staff, the lack of tap
water, the occasional cold shower, and having to "gasp" walk up and
down the stairs because one of the elevators is down... I know I'm
going to vacation in Spain... and never do business there.

Respectfully,
Chris

- ---
李柯睿