Re: Proposed response to OIF on OSPF ENNI

Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be Mon, 24 July 2006 22:46 UTC

To: "Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS" <dbrungard@att.com>
Cc: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org, owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Proposed response to OIF on OSPF ENNI
From: Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:42:22 +0200
Sender: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org

hi -

i looked at the OIF IA document, the below text proposed for liaison
includes most of the concerns

o) section 4.1 provides a table being an interpretation of OSPF that
deserves serious IETF review b/f publication

o) positioning of this IA is confusing both in terms of scope intra- vs.
inter-carrier (it *seems* applicable to both while using OSPF as
inter-carrier routing protocol is more than questionable if not totally
wrong) and target (requirements (which) ? applicability of demo code ?
experimental extensions ?)

o) section 1.2 is unclear about positioning of the proposed extensions (in
Appendix) "These extensions use codepoints in the range reserved by IANA
for private and experimental use, and are not agreed standard codepoints
at this time.  Future developments may result in change to the codepoints
and/or formats of these extensions." meaning basically that OIF has
decided on its own that the proposed OSPF mechanisms are valid and that
only encoding could be subject to discussion but afaik OIF is not
authoritative for OSPF

thanks,
- dimitri.

"Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS" <dbrungard@att.com>