Re: [CGA-EXT] [Fwd: Next steps on CSI after IETF71]

marcelo bagnulo <marcelo@it.uc3m.es> Fri, 28 March 2008 08:35 UTC

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:34:37 +0100
From: marcelo bagnulo <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
To: Greg Daley <hoskuld@hotmail.com>
Cc: cga-ext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [CGA-EXT] [Fwd: Next steps on CSI after IETF71]
Sender: cga-ext-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Greg,

Dave Thaler made the following comment in the meeting:
Anycast is important, multicast isn't, because anycast is like a
normal address so it's important for the problem statement, multicast
doesn't belong in there
Good to have high level recognition of the issues even if we don't
implement it, documenting is good

So, it is up to the WG to decide what to do with this, but it seems
clear to me that we are not chartered to solve the multicast problem, so
no solution work will be done at this stage amd w.r.t. the problem
statement, we should mention something, but essnetially, we should state
that we are not addressing this problem and maybe explain why this is
different problem that cannot be addressed in principle with the same
tools, makes sense?

regards, marcelo