Re: [codec] WGLC #2 for draft-ietf-codec-opus-10

"Christian Hoene" <hoene@uni-tuebingen.de> Wed, 16 November 2011 10:37 UTC

From: Christian Hoene <hoene@uni-tuebingen.de>
To: 'Erik Norvell' <erik.norvell@ericsson.com>, bens@alum.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 11:37:12 +0100
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] WGLC #2 for draft-ietf-codec-opus-10

Hi,

I would suggest to split two things:

First, we need a notion for standard conformance because of the legal IPR
requirements (can be more relaxing).
Second, we need some tests in respect to interoperability (should be more
straight).

 Both tests need to fulfill different requirements.

Also, I like Erik's idea to allow for algorithms to replace patented stuff
in the codec - even if the quality is a bit worse.

With best regards,

 Christian Hoene

encoder.