Re: [codec] WGLC #2 for draft-ietf-codec-opus-10

Jean-Marc Valin <jmvalin@mozilla.com> Tue, 01 November 2011 18:15 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:15:41 -0400
From: Jean-Marc Valin <jmvalin@mozilla.com>
To: Jonathan Rosenberg <jdrosen@jdrosen.net>
Cc: codec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [codec] WGLC #2 for draft-ietf-codec-opus-10

This new draft addresses issues that were raised during the first WGLC
by the WG participants and chairs, as well as 3GPP and ITU-T SG16
liaisons. It also fixes several issues that were discovered during
extensive testing of the code. While most of the code modifications were
either encoder changes or reformatting changes, there were a few decoder
changes. Among the changes:
- Fixes for several glitches caused by mode switching and corner cases
(changes bit-stream for SILK-only stereo and hybrid stereo modes, other
modes are unaffected)
- Implementation of CBR for SILK-only, which means that CBR is now
available in all modes
- The code has been checked on multiple architectures, including an
automated build system on x86 and SPARC (https://mf4.xiph.org/jenkins/)
- A single set of opus_* types throughout the code
- Test vectors are now provided (on the website for size reasons)
- Improved documentation of both the encoder and decoder

Cheers,

	Jean-Marc