[dhcwg] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption-08.txt

Bharat Joshi <bharat_joshi@infosys.com> Sun, 05 June 2011 09:06 UTC

From: Bharat Joshi <bharat_joshi@infosys.com>
To: "dhcwg@ietf.org" <dhcwg@ietf.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 14:33:27 +0530
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: [dhcwg] FW: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-relay-id-suboption-08.txt

Hi All,

      This draft was under IESG review and a new revision was required as it had three DISCUSS points. Mark was not getting enough time to push this work. We needed this draft for Bulk Lease Query work and so we decided to help.

       Apart from the three DISCUSS position, there was a comment from Ted. Ted had suggested that the usage of DUID as relay-id as defined in this draft is not correct. DUID is typically tied down to the device and the use cases in this draft required same relay-id to be used if a relay-agent is replaced.

        In this revision, we have addressed all the DISCUSS positions. We have also removed both the relay-id type ASCII and DUID. We have introduced a new relay-id type OPAQUE. This new relay-id type can be administratively configured and is a series of octets.

        Now, as the above changes are more than minor changes, I think that it will first have to go through working-group. So I request people to review this draft ( only 5 pages ) and post their comments.

Regards,
Bharat