Re: [dtn-interest] Document status check

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk> Thu, 29 July 2010 16:28 UTC

From: L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk
To: stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie, dtn-interest@mailman.dtnrg.org
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:28:03 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB
Subject: Re: [dtn-interest] Document status check

draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-checksum depends heavily on draft-irtf-dtnrg-bundle-security, so let's wait until that gets through publication before considering the checksum draft. Like bundle security, it would be experimental, I think. (The security-16 draft doesn't state intended status at top, but given the SHOULD MUST language, it must be intended as experimental.)

draft-wood-dtnrg-saratoga relies heavily on draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga, so would really need publishing after that. It does read more as informational, but a lot of experiments from space carrying bundles over Saratoga have been done [1], so experimental is likely most appropriate. (And some of its informative references are probably really normative - the tsvwg draft, for one. Can an informative draft have normative references?)

draft-wood-dtnrg-http-dtn-delivery is intended as experimental.

These drafts are not dead, and are not expired.

[1] Oh, btw, a paper describing some of the more recent tests with Saratoga carrying bundles from space is now available:

http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/publications/index.html#globecom-transfer
Will Ivancic, Phil Paulsen, Dave Stewart, John Taylor, Scott Lynch,
Jay Heberle, James Northam, Chris Jackson and Lloyd Wood, 'Large
Large File Transfers from Space using Multiple Ground Terminals and
Delay-Tolerant Networking', refereed conference paper, IEEE Global
Communications Conference (Globecom 2010), Miami, Florida, December 2010.

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/dtn