Re: [dtn] rfc5050(bis) proposed revisions

"Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com> Fri, 20 June 2014 20:08 UTC

From: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
To: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RHN0)" <william.d.ivancic@nasa.gov>, "dtn@ietf.org" <dtn@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:08:03 +0000
x-originating-ip: [137.136.248.6]
Subject: Re: [dtn] rfc5050(bis) proposed revisions

Hi Will,

I understand that this may be your opinion, but others have expressed
a different opinion.

> FYI:  Anyone list participant can get  information on who subscribed to an
> IETF mail list if they remember their password (and you can ask for your
> password to be resent). These lists are setup to be open, so the
> participation list is not just available to the administrators. At least
> that is my recollection and it has always worked for me.  Also, since
> anyone can sign up, basically, with minimal effort, anyone can see who
> subscribed to an IETF list.

That is fine; others who are curious about list membership can follow
your instructions if they are interested.

> If you go to dtn-interest and compare to dtn, the dtn-interest as far more
> participants.

And, if they look, they will see that the dtn@ietf.org list membership
is not insubstantial.

Thanks - Fred