Re: [Iptel] [Sipping] draft-mahy-iptel-cpc

"Francois Audet" <audet@nortel.com> Tue, 01 April 2008 22:10 UTC

Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:09:57 -0500
From: Francois Audet <audet@nortel.com>
To: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>, "DOLLY, MARTIN C, sbcuid" <mdolly@att.com>, Sumit Garg <sgarg@cedarpointcom.com>, iptel@ietf.org, sipping@ietf.org, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Iptel] [Sipping] draft-mahy-iptel-cpc
Sender: iptel-bounces@ietf.org

Keith,

Tel URI vs SIP URI is one issue. My guess is Tel URI is OK, and it will map into a SIP URI fine. If we believe that this concept is applicable to URIs that are not telephone numbers, then it should be a SIP URI parameter instead. Don't really care either way.

The other issue is "From:" header versus "P-Asserted-ID". I believe this parameter is intended to be provided by the "network" and not the UAC. So it would seem to me that it should be in P-Asserted-ID parameter header and not From header. Especially if RFC 4474 is used.

I think Paul Kyzivat was even proposing a P-Asserted-ID parameter. That would work too.