IAB last call... Re: [ipv6-dir] Re: Updated document

Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com> Fri, 06 January 2006 21:42 UTC

Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:42:14 -0500
From: Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com>
To: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <kurtis@kurtis.pp.se>, IAB IAB <iab@ietf.org>
Subject: IAB last call... Re: [ipv6-dir] Re: Updated document
Cc: "<john.loughney@nokia.com> (Nokia-NRC/Helsinki) John" <john.loughney@nokia.com>, ipv6-dir@ietf.org, Margaret Wasserman <MRW@devicescape.com>, Scott W Brim <sbrim@cisco.com>, Bradner Scott <sob@harvard.edu>
Sender: ipv6-dir-bounces@ietf.org

(I expect someone is going to have to spring this from
the IPv6 directorate mailing list, as I am not a member).

I've read today's discussion of this document -- I see concerns,
but no suggested text.  Also, I understand that Kurtis has not
heard back from Margaret re. shipping this, so I'm willing
to send it but require further IAB nodding.

To deal with the concerns I've seen raised, I propose to
change the introductory paragraph (currently shown as a change
in this draft) to:

> Introduction
>
> The IETF thanks the Q.9/13 for their liaison statement
> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file182.pdf) and
> interest on IPv6 issues related to NGN. We have reviewed the liaison
> statement with the most relevant experts and prepared this response
> based on those experts' comments. We have aimed to provide an
> informative response for your guidance in further collaboration, and
> have endeavoured to be clear where works are “in progress”. We also
> appreciate your understanding that, while this is the collected advice
> from several experts, it is neither an IAB statement nor an official
> IETF consensus publication.

I'll ask for a short last call within the IAB -- the document has
not substantively changed from the earlier version as seen.  So,
please let me/Kurtis know by noon Monday (US-ET) if this is a statement
you, as IAB members, are willing to support.

Leslie.