RE: [ipv6-dir] Re: Updated document

john.loughney@nokia.com Fri, 06 January 2006 14:40 UTC

From: john.loughney@nokia.com
Subject: RE: [ipv6-dir] Re: Updated document
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 16:39:56 +0200
To: narten@us.ibm.com, sbrim@cisco.com
Cc: leslie@thinkingcat.com, iab@ietf.org, MRW@devicescape.com, loa@pi.se, sob@harvard.edu, ipv6-dir@ietf.org, kurtis@kurtis.pp.se
Sender: ipv6-dir-bounces@ietf.org

Thomas,

I took this as input:

> Furthermore, it would be very
> helpful and useful for our further collaboration if the IETF could
> inform us of their standards plan regarding IPv6. We will also inform
> the IETF of our ideas in the near future and then commence creating
> Internet drafts to define our requirements.

What I think should be covered, to some extent, are the areas of work
the IETF is doing and invite them to participate in the relevant working
groups in order that their requirements are met.  At least that is how
I read the questions wrt QoS signaling.

For mobility & multihoming, it would be good to point out the active
areas in the IETF, not propose one way or another as the prefered
mechanism, but more to list what we are doing, so that they can
evaluate them and determine what fits there needs.

John