Re: [IPv6] WG Adoption call for Segment Routing Header encapsulation for Alternate Marking Method

Giuseppe Fioccola <giuseppe.fioccola@huawei.com> Fri, 10 February 2023 08:44 UTC

From: Giuseppe Fioccola <giuseppe.fioccola@huawei.com>
To: Greg Mirsky <gregimirsky@gmail.com>
CC: Joel Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, SPRING WG List <spring@ietf.org>, 6man <ipv6@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 08:44:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.81.215.209]
Subject: Re: [IPv6] WG Adoption call for Segment Routing Header encapsulation for Alternate Marking Method

Hi Greg,
I think that this draft for SRv6 can recommend to integrate AltMark into SRH, since this can mitigate the issues. But the choice between DOH and SRH TLV should be a more general decision taken by the WGs. Indeed, the same question involves all the on-path telemetry techniques, e.g. for IOAM there would be the same two mechanisms as well: see draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-ipv6-options and draft-ali-spring-ioam-srv6.

Regards,

Giuseppe