Re: Comments on IPv6 Prefix Subdelegation

John Jason Brzozowski <john_brzozowski@cable.comcast.com> Thu, 30 July 2009 15:11 UTC

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:10:48 +0200
Subject: Re: Comments on IPv6 Prefix Subdelegation
From: John Jason Brzozowski <john_brzozowski@cable.comcast.com>
To: "Stark, Barbara" <bs7652@att.com>, Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com>, "Azinger, Marla" <marla.azinger@frontiercorp.com>

Barbara,

Consider the following as well to facilitate route injection:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dhc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-agentopt-delegate

It enables route injection into a provider network absent the need for a
dynamic routing protocol.

Additionally, if the router at the edge of the home network is
sub-delegating it is conceivable (perhaps certain) that it is aware of the
routing topology in the home.  It should at least be aware of all the next
hops, right?  We also need to consider what, if any, inefficiencies this
introduces in the home network.  I think you mention this below, if one of
the sub-delegated routers need to forward packets within the home it will
use its default route, punt to its northbound router which in turn should
have all the necessary routing information.  Does this seem logical?

John
John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Corporation
e) mailto:john_brzozowski@cable.comcast.com