Re: [Isis-wg] draft-wei-isis-tlv-03 (Purge Originator Id)

"Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com> Thu, 22 April 2010 06:42 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 23:41:22 -0700
From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>
To: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, Tony Li <tony.li@tony.li>, lizhenqiang@chinamobile.com, Jie Dong <dongjie_dj@huawei.com>, "bruno.decraene@orange-ftgroup.co" <bruno.decraene@orange-ftgroup.com>, isis-wg@ietf.org, weifang@chinamobile.com
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] draft-wei-isis-tlv-03 (Purge Originator Id)

A couple of other comments that come to mind:

We need to define what an implementation SHOULD do when it receives a
purged LSP with the additional TLVs i.e. store it (including the body)
and flood it unchanged.

If the same purged LSP is received from two different originators, the
choice of which "copy" to flood is a local matter.

   Les

MUST
> have a unique systemID but hostnames are optional I would prefer that
> if
> an implementation chooses to include the extra info in the purge that
> the system ID ALWAYS be there. (This is unenforceable of course)

> I think there needs to be language which makes clear that the absence
> or
> presence of this additional information has no impact on the
acceptance
> of a purged LSP as valid i.e. no changes to the operation of the
Update