Re: [jose] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-09.txt

"Jim Schaad" <ietf@augustcellars.com> Thu, 25 April 2013 04:09 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: Mike Jones <Michael.Jones@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:07:19 -0700
Cc: jose@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [jose] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jose-json-web-encryption-09.txt

Mike,

AES GCM MUST NOT be used when using the JWE JSON Serialization for
   multiple recipients, since this would result in the same
   Initialization Vector and Plaintext values being used for multiple
   GCM encryptions.

I doubt your co-authors would agree with this.
I doubt the working group with agree with this.
I know that at least one co-chair does not agree with this
I can predict that the AD and IESG along with the security directorate would
crucify me if I allowed this to stand in the document..

Jim