Re: [Lsr] WG Last Call fo "IS-IS Flood Reflection" -draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-05

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Fri, 10 December 2021 00:40 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 08:34:34 +0800
Cc: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>, lsr@ietf.org
To: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] WG Last Call fo "IS-IS Flood Reflection" -draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-05

Hi, Acee:

No, I think the WG participations would like to enjoy the interested and correct direction topics.
One technical considerations is the following: if IGP evolved into this direction, then the following connections loop diagram is also possible:
L2-L1-L2-L1-L2-L1-…..-L2(back to the origin)
Then, will we introduce the “AS number” to avoid loop, and various “Path Attributes” to influence the path selection within the IGP?

There is a rush to adopt this draft, we should not rush again to accomplish its WG last call.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom