Re: [Lsr] Prefix Unreachable Announcement Use Cases

王爱俊 <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Sun, 15 November 2020 00:37 UTC

To: acee=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org, Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
Cc: lsr@ietf.org
From: 王爱俊 <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 08:36:52 +0800
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Prefix Unreachable Announcement Use Cases

Hi, Acee:
I think Robert have given the good explaination for the purpose of this draft.
The aim of this draft is to improve the service convergence time, which can be notified quickly the failure of underlying network link or node.
BFD is another possible solution, but it requires massive configuration and other costs as that pointed out by Robert.

With PUA, the failure informaiton of link or node will be advertised automatically and quickly. It keeps also the summary behaviour on ABRs to limit the amounts of reachable prefixes advertisment.

More detail responses are inline below.

Thanks in advance.
Aijun Wang
China Telecom