Re: [manet] Why the WG Reactive Protocol to be Compatible with another?

"Charles E. Perkins" <charliep@computer.org> Wed, 20 February 2013 18:01 UTC

Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:01:37 -0800
From: "Charles E. Perkins" <charliep@computer.org>
To: Jiazi Yi <ietf@jiaziyi.com>
Cc: "manet@ietf.org" <manet@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [manet] Why the WG Reactive Protocol to be Compatible with another?

Hello Jiazi,

I do not agree that the protocols are all that different.

I did not declare that AODVv2 will be compatible with LOADng. Instead,
what I have said all along is that we should make the effort to achieve
compatibility.  This means to make the comparison and to resolve
differences.  I have agreed to make a comparison draft, and I have tried
to enlist the aid of another LOADng author in the effort.  Once the
comparison is made, we can have a discussion about each point of
difference, to decide upon the best resolution.  I am pretty sure that,
if we do this with honest effort, we will get a better result overall.

Do you want to help?

Regards,
Charlie P.