Re: [MEDIACTRL] Call Flows Document

"DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 31 July 2008 08:51 UTC

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:50:47 +0200
From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Eric Burger <eburger@standardstrack.com>, mediactrl@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [MEDIACTRL] Call Flows Document
Sender: mediactrl-bounces@ietf.org

Two points:

1)    If a document is produced, and no matter whether it is author
initiated or WG initiated, it should be subject to the same care and
review that the specifications receive. If we cannot give it that, we
stand a chance of having an inaccurate document with all the problems
listed. If the document is not going to get the WG care and review, then
we should not proceed with the document.

2)    In regard to Q1 on the type of document, I don't object to
producing any of these document (subject to the constraints above), but
I believe it is inappropriate to combine 1a) with 1b) or 1c). These are
two separate kinds of document and should be published separately. The
first would be expected to indicate the normal operation. Test and
interoperability documents even as flows are more likely to show the
abnormal cases.

regards

Keith