Re: [mpls] Retiring ACH TLVs

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Mon, 20 May 2013 16:43 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: 'Lizhong Jin' <lizho.jin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:42:54 +0100
Cc: mpls@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [mpls] Retiring ACH TLVs

Hi Lizhong,

I just went back and checked 5586.

In Section 4 it talks about "ACH TLVs if present." And I am working on the
assumption that if TLVs are not defined, they will never be present, so the text
doesn't actually need updating.

In Section  10 there is the IANA work to create the ACH TLV registry and add the
column to the ACH Type registry. We are directly instructing IANA to remove that
from the registry, and I don't think that 5586 needs to be updated.

Our aim was minimal and clear update to 5586 rather than a new revision.

If the WG prefers, we could bis 5586 to remove all discussion of the ACH TLV.

Thanks,
Adrian