Re: [mpls] Retiring ACH TLVs

Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s@rad.com> Thu, 16 May 2013 16:14 UTC

From: Yaakov Stein <yaakov_s@rad.com>
To: "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:13:52 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.115.243.62]
Subject: Re: [mpls] Retiring ACH TLVs

Actually, I hadn't noticed that the registry was under Pseudowire Name Spaces,
which is silly, since TLVs were never defined for the PW ACh.
(The ACh types is different, since at least some of these are used for VCCV.)

If there is no use for them, then let's deprecate.
However, I believe that options for the signalling and management channels of RFC 5718
have never been spelled out.  Are we sure that these will not need some standard modifiers/parameters ?

Y(J)S