Re: [mpls] Do you care about MNA? [Was: 2nd Working Group Last call on draft-ietf-mpls-mna-requirements]

loa@pi.nu Tue, 02 April 2024 05:41 UTC

Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 07:41:38 +0200
From: loa@pi.nu
To: Stewart Bryant <sb@stewartbryant.com>
Cc: Joel Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, "draft-ietf-mpls-mna-requirements@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-mpls-mna-requirements@ietf.org>, mpls <mpls@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] Do you care about MNA? [Was: 2nd Working Group Last call on draft-ietf-mpls-mna-requirements]

All,

I'm very much on the same page as Stewart. With one caveat, the response
from the operators in this 2nd WGLC is diminishing, as compared to the
first WGLC. Not a big difference, but nevertheless.

I think it is important to have an operator support for requirement
documents.

First, I will not object if the shepherd/chairs decide to send the document
to the IESG with a request for publication. However, I think it will be
returned with a request to show operator support.

What I think should happen now is that the shepherd/chairs keep the WGLC
open waiting for comments from operators.

/Loa

than it was for the document
in the first WGLC (not much)
> Yes, I think we are finished to the point where the wider review and
editorial process can take over.
> Stewart
>> On 30 Mar 2024, at 5:45 pm, Joel Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com> wrote:
Having reread the document, it seems to me we are at the point of
significantly diminishing returns in terms of tuning.  While I have seen
>> some useful comments on the list that can be addressed, my basic
reaction is "ship it".
>> Yours,
>> Joel
>>> On 3/28/2024 4:01 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
>>> I'm kind of giving you all a ticking clock reminder.
>>> Of course, I'm no longer a WG chair, so I won't be calling consensus
on
>>> this, but I will be answering the shepherd write-up question that asks
what
>>> the consensus was like on this document.
>>> If, as the general noise on the list implies, people care about MNA,
then
>>> commenting during this last call seems important.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Adrian
Please re-review the document (it has changed a lot since last time) and
>>> express an opinion on the list.
>>> - Is the document complete?
>>> - Does it contain any errors?
>>> - Is it ready to move forward for publication as an Informational RFC?
There is no IPR disclosed against this document or its predecessors. All
>>> authors, contributors, and active working group participants are
reminded of
>>> their responsibilities under BCP 79.
>>> This last call will run for three weeks (covering the IETF period). It
will
>>> end at 17.00 UTC on Tuesday 2nd April (narrowly avoiding ending on 1st
April
>>> and confusing us all).
>>> Thanks,
>>> Adrian (for the MPLS chairs)