Re: [mpls] ELI and EL in P2MP (Re: [PWE3] ELI as a reserved label)

Curtis Villamizar <curtis@occnc.com> Wed, 04 August 2010 14:38 UTC

To: David Allan I <david.i.allan@ericsson.com>
From: Curtis Villamizar <curtis@occnc.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:39:08 -0400
Sender: curtis@occnc.com
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "pwe3@ietf.org" <pwe3@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [mpls] ELI and EL in P2MP (Re: [PWE3] ELI as a reserved label)

In message <60C093A41B5E45409A19D42CF7786DFD51AE646A1C@EUSAACMS0703.eamcs.ericsson.se>
David Allan I writes:

> Thanks Curtis, that clarifies it for me...we are still only spreading
> over a P2P span...
>
> Cheers

Yes.  If you consider a ECMP LSP as per draft-kompella-mpls-rsvp-ecmp
to be a P2P span, which it certainly is in the "client layer" sense
(to borrow from ITU-speak, but apply it to MPLS without the TP).

I agree with you (and Shane, and even John Drake :) that applying this
to P2MP more generally where it does not re-merge is not viable.

Curtis