Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements

RYUJI WAKIKAWA <ryuji.wakikawa@gmail.com> Mon, 04 December 2006 17:26 UTC

From: RYUJI WAKIKAWA <ryuji.wakikawa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 02:25:50 +0900
To: marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
Cc: Ross Callon <rcallon@juniper.net>, IETF NEMO WG <nemo@ietf.org>

Hi Marcelo,

On 2006/12/05, at 1:31, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:

> Hi,
>

> El 04/12/2006, a las 16:47, Jari Arkko escribió:
>
>> I have not looked into HAHA yet, but from your
>> description below it does not seem to cause
>> routing problems. It is common to advertise
>> prefixes from multiple locations.
> agree that this is common, but announcing a specific routing entry
> for each home network (i.e. end site, not ISP)  does seem to pose
> scalability issues for the routing system, imho

This is too detail to discuss at this point. This is operational issue.

> I mean, we have discussed this before in this ml. If global HAHA is
> deployed as a global mobility provider i.e. there is a single home
> prefix that aggregates all the home networks from different end
> sites, then, this seems similar to the provider aggregation
> However, if each home network of each nemo is announced seaprately,
> then the number of announced routes increases considerably and i am
> not sure if thi contribution to the global routing tables is
> acceptable.

The global HAHA does not recommend to advertise each prefix separately.
We have the home network usage document to deploy home network in
aggregated fashion.

> Anyway, i think the requirement is perfectly ok, we just need to
> understand what is the intended deployment scenarios for global
> HAHA and if those scale well.

right. What i want to know now is the answer from Jari.
We can discuss any further NEMO related protocols with this requirement.

ryuji