Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements

marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es> Mon, 04 December 2006 16:30 UTC

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
Subject: Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:31:31 +0100
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Cc: Ross Callon <rcallon@juniper.net>, IETF NEMO WG <nemo@ietf.org>

Hi,

El 04/12/2006, a las 16:47, Jari Arkko escribió:

> I have not looked into HAHA yet, but from your
> description below it does not seem to cause
> routing problems. It is common to advertise
> prefixes from multiple locations.

agree that this is common, but announcing a specific routing entry for
each home network (i.e. end site, not ISP)  does seem to pose
scalability issues for the routing system, imho

I mean, we have discussed this before in this ml. If global HAHA is
deployed as a global mobility provider i.e. there is a single home
prefix that aggregates all the home networks from different end sites,
then, this seems similar to the provider aggregation
However, if each home network of each nemo is announced seaprately,
then the number of announced routes increases considerably and i am not
sure if thi contribution to the global routing tables is acceptable.

Anyway, i think the requirement is perfectly ok, we just need to
understand what is the intended deployment scenarios for global HAHA
and if those scale well.

Regards, marcelo