Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@motorola.com> Wed, 06 December 2006 18:41 UTC

Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:41:04 +0100
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@motorola.com>
To: Vijay Devarapalli <vijay.devarapalli@AzaireNet.com>
Subject: Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements
Cc: marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>, IETF NEMO WG <nemo@ietf.org>

Vijay Devarapalli wrote:
> Marcelo and Alex,
>
> note that draft-ietf-nemo-requirements only lists requirements for
> the NEMO Basic support protocol not for any route optimization
> solution that might come out of the NEMO WG.
>
> the requirement by itself is fine with me.

Yes, I read the Ross req very fine within the current req document, the
one he reviewed.  I agree with it.

> but it is in the wrong document. :)

You mean we may need another reqs document?  Or in the RO existing
documents? (ps, ro space).

> perhaps we can add a sentence to the charter saying that any route
> optimization solution should have minimal impact on Internet routing.

I think that's difficult.  Charter saying "minimal" may be too fuzzy.
What's minimal for you isn't for me.

> then the requirement becomes really applicable to any route
> optimization solution.

YEs, that requirement should be more worked out, I think finer
description (than what current req doc has, and the Ross req suggestion).

For example, the Marcelo req about advertising aggregates (provider
aggregates) instead of MNP-based routes is a sort of refinement that may
make sense.  I so think.

Alex