Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements

marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es> Wed, 06 December 2006 18:40 UTC

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <marcelo@it.uc3m.es>
Subject: Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 19:40:19 +0100
To: Vijay Devarapalli <vijay.devarapalli@azairenet.com>
Cc: IETF NEMO WG <nemo@ietf.org>, alexandru.petrescu@motorola.com

El 06/12/2006, a las 19:29, Vijay Devarapalli escribió:

> Marcelo and Alex,
>
> note that draft-ietf-nemo-requirements only lists
> requirements for the NEMO Basic support protocol
> not for any route optimization solution that might
> come out of the NEMO WG.

:-)
good point

> the requirement by itself is fine with me. but it
> is in the wrong document. :) perhaps we can add a
> sentence to the charter saying that any route
> optimization solution should have minimal impact on
> Internet routing. then the requirement becomes
> really applicable to any route optimization solution.

agree... but i think this sentence was there

just checked, and it was there in a previous version, that stated that:
" All solutions will aim at
   preserving route aggregation within the Internet"

but it was removed, perhaps it is a good idea to keep it in the new
charter...

regards, marcelo