Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements

Thierry Ernst <thierry.ernst@inria.fr> Thu, 07 December 2006 11:52 UTC

Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:52:44 +0100
From: Thierry Ernst <thierry.ernst@inria.fr>
To: nemo@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [nemo] new requirement for draft-ietf-nemo-requirements

I need to correct a wrong statement:

>Vijay Devarapalli wrote:
>> Marcelo and Alex,
>>
>> note that draft-ietf-nemo-requirements only lists requirements for
>> the NEMO Basic support protocol not for any route optimization
>> solution that might come out of the NEMO WG.

This is half true half wrong. Section 4 in draft-ietf-nemo-requirements
lists the requirements behind NEMO Basic Support (RFC 3963 to be
explicit), but section 3 lists design goals for all sort of NEMO
solutions (Basic AND Extended, i.e. RO optimizations and the like).

>> the requirement by itself is fine with me.
>
>Yes, I read the Ross req very fine within the current req document, the
>one he reviewed.  I agree with it.
>
>> but it is in the wrong document. :)
>
>You mean we may need another reqs document?  Or in the RO existing
>documents? (ps, ro space).
>
>> perhaps we can add a sentence to the charter saying that any route
>> optimization solution should have minimal impact on Internet routing.

There is no need to add anything in the charter besides may be adding a
sentence that solutions developped by the NEMO WG will have to comply
with design goals as stated in RFC{draft-ietf-nemo-requirements}.

Thierry.

--
Thierry ERNST, PhD
http://www.nautilus6.org/~thierry