Re: [Ospf-manet] Re: Ospf-manet Digest, Vol 11, Issue 2

Richard Ogier <rich.ogier@earthlink.net> Mon, 02 October 2006 19:50 UTC

Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:50:04 -0700
From: Richard Ogier <rich.ogier@earthlink.net>
To: Acee Lindem <acee@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Ospf-manet] Re: Ospf-manet Digest, Vol 11, Issue 2
Cc: ospf-manet@ietf.org

Acee,

I was hoping it would be possible to decide on a single approach
by having a team of (perhaps 3) unbiased judges look at the
relevant evidence and compare the approaches.
But maybe that is not practical.

I think that if we decide to go forward with multiple experimental
drafts, then we MUST first agree on a methodology for comparing the
proposals, and all participants MUST agree to cooperate with this
methodology.  (E.g., if one team refuses to implement their solution
in GTNetS, then they will be disqualified.)

I agree with the following paragraph of Tom Henderson:

>If the WG decides to adopt multiple experimental drafts, there should be
>some criteria defined for making technical progress in the evaluation,
>so we do not come to the end and have the results and whole methodology
>questioned once again.  I would like the people who have objected to the
>past process to propose some alternatives with technical detail.  I
>strongly believe it should be an agreed goal to avoid multiple draft
>standards on this topic.

Richard