Re: [Pppext] warning suggestions for draft-bberry-pppoe-credit

Bo Berry <bberry@cisco.com> Fri, 09 December 2005 16:28 UTC

Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:27:07 -0500
From: Bo Berry <bberry@cisco.com>
To: James Carlson <james.d.carlson@sun.com>
Subject: Re: [Pppext] warning suggestions for draft-bberry-pppoe-credit
Cc: pppext@ietf.org, William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>, Karl Fox <karlfox@columbus.rr.com>
Sender: pppext-bounces@ietf.org

Well, we do agree on one point, this is silly.

Guess it would not be unexpected to say that we disagree
with the text and addition of the disclaimer.  It appears
from these emails (and from emails of past as well), that
there is a lot of disagreement on PPPoE.  We're not
trying to to correct PPPoE.  We're not here to debate the
process and value of IETF Informational specs.

We have proposed and documented extenstions to the PPPoE
spec, which are within the context of that spec.  These
are documented as optional.

The draft went through the IETF process and has gone through
the expert review period. At this point we can agree to
disagree.  Therefore we request that the draft be published
as is, without any inserted (bias) text, and without any
further delay.

Sincerely
-Bo Berry